Thank you for your interest in Roots Nature & Leadership Academy. We look forward to getting to know your family!
At this time, due to high demand for our program and the length of our waitlist, private campus tours are only available for families who have completed the Admission Inquiry Form (see below) AND have been accepted as a potential candidate. Open house group tours typically take place every other Tuesday at 9:30am. These group tours are available to all families who have completed the Admission Inquiry form.
Currently enrolling Pre-K to Grade 6 for the 2024-2025 school year. If you are interested in the 2023-2024 school year, please reach out as we have limited spaces available in a couple of the upper grades.
At Roots, we don’t just educate children, we nurture families, and foster community. Our admissions process goes beyond determining if your child is a good fit for our unique learning environment. What matters most, is that we welcome like-minded families who share a deep-seated desire to reimagine education and nurture the whole child through Expeditionary Learning. We are seeking families who want to get involved in their child’s school experience through attending school/parent events and offering volunteer support throughout the school year.
To Get Started Follow These Application Steps:
- Fill out our Admission Inquiry form (see links below)
- If enrollment is open for your child’s age and you are selected as a potential candidate, we will reach out to invite you for a private campus tour with your child
- If you are interested to proceed with enrollment, please send our Teacher Recommendation Form to your child’s previous teacher for them to complete and send back to us. Students applying for grades 3-6 are also asked to submit a written letter detailing why they want to attend Roots.
- If your child is invited to complete a shadow day at the school, a non-refundable $100 application fee will be required
- If approved for enrollment, we will send you an enrollment contract to complete. Your tuition deposit and registration fee will be due at this time to confirm enrollment. The $100 application fee will be deducted from the registration fee.
- Submit all required school forms and documents (due in August)
Tuition for 2024-2025 School Year:
- One-Time Registration Fee: $400 (per new student)
- One-Time Registration Fee: $200 (per returning student)
- Total Annual Tuition: $12,600
- Tuition Deposit (due at time of registration): $1,260 (equivalent to one month’s tuition, covering the June tuition payment)
- Monthly Tuition Payments: $1,260/month (due on the first of the month from September 1st – May 1st)
- A Learning Enrichment Fee of $325 per semester helps facilitate an enriching learning experience for the students and covers the cost of special guests/instructors (e.g. music), and field trips
- Students in grades five through eight may incur additional charges to facilitate overnight trips, additional Expeditionary Learning excursions, and transportation (estimated range $500-$1000)
- A Facility Fee of $75 per semester is required for all students
- Semester 1 fees are due September, 15th 2024, and Semester 2 fees are due January, 15th 2025
State Scholarships: We are fully approved for state scholarships through StepUp and AAA Scholarship Foundation. We do not accept the VPK Voucher or PEP, however we do accept the Unique Abilities Scholarship for Pre-K students who qualify.
As of July 2023, ALL K-12 students in Florida are NOW ELIGIBLE for State Scholarships, regardless of family income. Click HERE to learn more.
Start Date: The first day of school is Wednesday, September 4th, 2024
Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 6
We are currently accepting enrollment for Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 6 for the 2024-2025 school year. To be considered, click the link below and complete our initial inquiry form (no cost). Pre-K enrollment will be available to students who are 4 years of age by May 31, 2024. [If you are interested in the current 2023-2024 school year, please complete the inquiry form by clicking the link below. We have limited spots available.]
If you are interested in these upper grades, we encourage you to click the link below and you will be notified when these grades become available. Our plan is to expand our offering to grade 8 and grow with the students we currently have, however, there is a possibility that one or both of these grades will be added for the 2024-2025 school year. Therefore, if you have a student in these grades who would be interested in our program, we highly encourage you to complete the inquiry form by clicking the link below.
We do not discriminate on the ground of race, color, or national origin.